To use Vlare, please be mindful of these guidelines to ensure you have the best experience possible on Vlare.
How are the guidelines indexed?
- A rule citation has 3 pieces, each separated by a period ( “.” ) as follows:
- The first section, which are letter(s) represent what category the rule falls under
- The second section, which are number(s) represent the rule in question
- The third section, which is a letter, references an optional descriptive piece to help further elaborate on the stated rules, and how proceedings will be handled
- (Example: A.7.b is explaining the consequences for spamming)
What’s not allowed
Nudity / Sexual content
- Nudity of any kind is forbidden to be shown, suggested, uploaded, or sent through platforms that Vlare maintains, including the site itself, the discord server, and any other potential platforms. This includes animated / drawn nudity.
- Non nudity / sexual content linked on sites traditionally for nudity or sexual content (ex. Video game gameplay on Pornhub), is allowed under certain circumstances, depending on the actual nature of the content.
- If in violation of rule A.1, depending on the severity of the content published, you may either receive a warning, followed by the standard punishment procedure ( Z.1 ), or you may immediately proceed to the standard punishment procedure ( Z.1 ). If the content is intentionally in violation of the rule A.1, and there is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, you may immediately be banned.
Shocking / Dangerous content
- Shock / Dangerous content is defined as content with the intention to mentally harm, or otherwise shock a user with disturbing or abnormal imagery (ex. gore). Shocking or dangerous content is forbidden to be shown, suggested, uploaded, or sent through platforms that Vlare maintains, including the site itself, the discord server, and any other potential platforms.\
- Fictional / Fantasy violence or gore is excluded, as long as there is a clear disclaimer provided that your content contains these images, and that they're not real.
- If you are in violation of rule A.2, depending on the severity of the content published, you may proceed to the standard punishment procedure ( Z.1 ), or you may be banned immediately.
- Stalking, threatening, or otherwise attacking a user baselessly with an intent of malice is not allowed. This includes avoiding “blocks” with other, or new accounts that you’ve made, or either have access to. It is also not allowed to proxy, meaning if you get another user to pass along information to someone who’s blocked you.
- If in violation of rule A.3, you, and any contributing users, will be punished according to standard punishment procedures ( Z.1 ).
Hateful speech or practices
- Under no circumstances are you allowed to belittle a group of people or individuals based on any of their attributes (ex. race, beliefs, sexual orientation, ect.). Genuine critique and disagreeing stances are permitted.
- If in violation of rule A.4, you, and any contributing users, will be punished according to standard punishment procedures ( Z.1 ).
- You may not post advertisements on profiles, videos, blogs, or other sections of the site without permission to do so from either the user in question, or staff.
- Staff are only authorized to provide permission if they have permission from the owner of a profile, or if they’re providing permission to a piece of the site that is not owned by one, or any of the users.
- If you are in violation of rule A.5, you will be punished according to standard punishment procedures ( Z.1 ).
- Under no circumstances are you permitted to attempt to pass your channel off as someone you’re not. General terms (ex. Greg, Gamer, ect.) and fictional characters or names do not fall under this rule. Of course, there are bound to be repeat usernames, or names, so this rule is at the discretion of moderators to determine.
If you are in violation of rule A.6, standard procedure for impersonation deviates from the standard punishment procedure, and instead should operate as follows:
- A user is given 24 hours to change their username on their own initiative
- Provided they do not, they will have their username changed for them, and have a strike given to their channel.
- Any further attempt to impersonate will be met with a ban.
- Spam is defined as the repetition of posting within a short period of time, especially the same, or similar content to bring additional attention to it, or to annoy others.
- If you are in violation of rule A.7, you will be punished according to standard punishment procedures ( Z.1 ).
- If a member of staff asks you to do something that is not listed in the rules, it is expected that you do as they ask.
- This rule exists because like anything, the rules are bound to be imperfect. So if a user is doing something that was not considered during the writing of this document that is negatively impacting the site, or its users, we will have a protection to help staff members deal with it. As a protection, we've including sector B of the guidelines to deal with user disputes to even out any potential abuse of this guideline.
- If you believe a member of staff is abusing their position to force you into doing unreasonable things, please read Actions of Recourse ( B ) for information of what to do.
- Staff should provide one ( 1 ) to three ( 3 ) warnings before proceeding to the standard punishment procedure ( Z.1 ).
- Under no circumstances are you allowed to cheat to give yourself an advantage, or higher ranking, or others a lower ranking, ect. This refers to items such as view bots, paid views, dislike spamming over multiple profiles, ect.
- If you are in violation of rule A.9, or are suspected of being in violation of rule A.9 beyond a reasonable doubt, you will be punished according to standard punishment procedures ( Z.1 ).
- Under no circumstances shall you reupload a work made by another user or company without their permission.
- If you are in violation of rule A.10, you will be punished according to standard punishment procedures ( Z.1 ). Not only that, but if a company sends a DMCA, you'll be in more trouble than just with the Vlare moderators.
- Lawyering is defined as attempting to circumvent the rules due to small, or unimportant differences, or inaccuracies between the stated rule and the action
- This rule doesn't come with any specific punishment, but rest assured that if you attempt this, it's not going to make your case any better.
- Under no circumstances shall you ask a user for any information that violates any rule under sector A
- If a user has asked you to stop doing an action that directly, and negatively impacts them, it is expected that you stop immediately. An exception is made if your actions are built on a base (not baselees), such as (but not limited to) a commentary / rant video. If you, or the user(s) in question have a dispute, please refer to Contact ( Y ) to discuss the matter with staff members.
- If any of these rules are broken to an extreme degree, you may also be instantly banned instead of the standard punishment procedures ( Z.1 ).
- If your channel, or content is deemed to be unfriendly towards younger viewers (contains overly edgy humor, or suggestive tones, ect.), it may be age restricted to those who have an account registered as 18 years of age or older. You may also be asked to change the title, thumbnail, or description.
Actions of recourse
- If you believe you have been unfairly treated, you may message any of the official Vlare contact accounts, listed at Contact ( Y ) to discuss the matter, and work out whether or not this action was justified. If not, the staff member who made the decision will be punished accordingly, and the decision will be reversed.
Treat others nicely
- Chances are, there's no reason to be rude, so do good by others, and help to improve the Vlare community.
Report rule breakers
- To help keep the Vlare community nice and clean, make sure to report rule breakers with the report features, or to a member of staff.
Take part in the community
- This is your community, too! Vote on polls and customize your profile just how you like it!
- Be mindful of what you're putting on the site. If you fill the site with garbage, you're building a landfill. Also, bad content (even if it's uploaded with the intention of being bad) can and WILL reflect badly on you.
Standard Punishment Procedure
- You will be given three ( 3 ) chances ( strikes ) total. At the third strike, your account will be banned. A ban is universal across all platforms maintained by Vlare, including the Vlare discord, and of course the site itself.